NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TRAINING THAT DELIVERS RESULTS
RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights
This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires students to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
- Health and safety legislative requirements of construction work.
- Basic principles of risk management
- Construction hazard identification and control.
- Identifying, using and maintaining PPE.
- Role of designated health and safety personnel
- Safety signs and symbols
- Procedures for reporting hazards, incidents and injuries
- Awareness of emergency procedures, including first aid and fire safety.
- There are no formal entry requirements however applicants should be able to use and understand basic English.
- Photo identification and a current photograph are required for the issue of a white card. Further information relating to White Card and White card training can be found at https://www.safework.sa.gov.au/
Delivery & Assesment
Training and assessment is conducted on site and is structured on a flexible basis to meet the needs of the organisation and students and includes classroom theory and practical on-job training. Assessment is competency based and will include a mixture of classroom-based exercises and practical demonstration of skills.
Do you already have many of the skills that are being taught in this course? Transform Training recognises existing skills and prior learning through our Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) Program, because there is no need to learn what you already know. Talk to our staff about RPL today.
Successful assessment outcomes from this training will result in a Statement of Attainment; that may be used for recognition in a relevant qualification. Completion of this unit is a requirement for issue of OHS White Card.
Materials & Equipment
Students will be provided with all written and physical materials required to complete the assessment. Students must wear long trousers, a long sleave top and steel-capped boots.
WANT MORE INFO?
Students should also refer to the Student Information Booklet and Fee Schedules for detailed information on Transform Training’s policies and procedures including:
- Work, health and safety
- Fees and charges
- Grievances and disputes