NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TRAINING THAT DELIVERS RESULTS
RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
This unit covers the entering and working in confined spaces in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes planning and preparing for entry of confined spaces; entry and working in confined spaces, exiting confined spaces and cleaning up.
- Work Health & Safety Act and associated Regulations
- Model Code of Practice for Working in confined spaces
- Identification of work procedures and instructions, risks and regulations
- Identification of contaminants
- Correct access, location of safety data sheets, installation & use of tools and equipment including breathing apparatus
- Performing work in confined spaces
- Personal protective equipment, including breathing apparatus
- Clean-up of work area, including dismantling, cleaning and checking equipment
- While there are no prerequisites for this unit, applicants must be able to use and understand basic English and be confident with working confined spaces.
- Applicants aged 16-18 years should hold a current White card.
- All applicants must provide photo ID (e.g. Australian Driver’s Licence)
Delivery & Assesment
Training and assessment is conducted on site and is structured on a flexible basis to meet the needs of the organisation and students and includes classroom theory and practical on-job training.
Do you already have many of the skills that are being taught in this course? Transform Training recognises existing skills and prior learning through our Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) Program, because there is no need to learn what you already know. Talk to our staff about RPL today.
Successful assessment outcomes from this training will result in a Statement of Attainment; that may be used for recognition in a relevant qualification. Completion of this unit is a requirement for issue of OHS White Card.
Materials & Equipment
Students will be provided with all written and physical materials required to complete the assessment. Students must wear long trousers, a long sleave top and steel-capped boots.
WANT MORE INFO?
Students should also refer to the Student Information Booklet and Fee Schedules for detailed information on Transform Training’s policies and procedures including:
- Work, health and safety
- Fees and charges
- Grievances and disputes