NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TRAINING THAT DELIVERS RESULTS
MEM08015B – Apply protective coatings (advanced)
This unit applies to spraying pre-treatments and protective coatings including conventional, two pack and plural component. This unit is for use when an advanced level of skill is required. It includes inspection and interpretation of the results using all current industry knowledge and equipment. Test equipment included but not limited to Holiday and Pin Hole testing, wet and dry film thickness gauges, temperature, relative humidity and dew point, hardness, gloss, adhesion and cure testing and soluble salts.
Reference is made to supplier information and specifications as well as accepted and appropriate Australian and international standards. All work and work practices undertaken to regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Determining job requirements
- Selecting required protective coatings and processes
- Component masking and overspray risk reduction
- Worksite preparation
- Surface condition inspection
- Unsuitable work pieces
- Plant and equipment operations
- Equipment setup and pre-operational checks
- Coatings equipment maintenance
- Application of coatings using conventional, airless and plural component equipment
- Coating schedules and curing techniques.
- Cleaning and disassembly of equipment
- Coating thickness and surface Inspection
- Calculation and cost application of protective coating work.
Students must have completed the following units of competency to qualify for enrolment;
- MEM13003B – Work safely with industrial chemicals and materials
- MEM08014B – Apply protective coatings (basic)
Delivery & Assesment
Training and assessment is conducted on site and is structured on a flexible basis to meet the needs of the organisation and students and includes classroom theory and practical on-job training. Assessment is competency based and will include a mixture of classroom-based exercises and practical demonstration of skills.
Do you already have many of the skills that are being taught in this course? Transform Training recognises existing skills and prior learning through our Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) Program, because there is no need to learn what you already know. Talk to our staff about RPL today.
Successful assessment outcomes from this training will result in a Statement of Attainment; that may be used for recognition in a relevant qualification.
Materials & Equipment
Students will be provided with all written and physical materials required to complete the assessment. Students must wear long trousers, a long sleave top and steel-capped boots.
WANT MORE INFO?
Students should also refer to the Student Information Booklet and Fee Schedules for detailed information on Transform Training’s policies and procedures including:
- Work, health and safety
- Fees and charges
- Grievances and disputes