NATIONALLY ACCREDITED TRAINING THAT DELIVERS RESULTS
CPCCBC4051A – Supervise Asbestos Removal
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to supervise the removal process for friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the work site, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal processes.
Ensuring compliance with the Asbestos Removal Control Plan (ARCP) is central to the effective performance of the role. This includes ensuring and documenting that required air monitoring and other testing and certification processes are conducted by licensed asbestos assessors according to legislation.
Please note this course does not entitle an individual to hold a statutory asbestos removal contractor license. You must make further inquiries to the relevant state or territory WHS regulator to determine contractor licensing requirements. This course is a mandatory training requirement for supervisors of licensed asbestos removal activities.
- Asbestos removal control plans
- Prepare for asbestos removal.
- Prepare removal area and site.
- Selection of appropriate plant, tools and equipment
- Fit checking of personal respiratory protection
- Remove asbestos from site in accordance with Asbestos Removal Control Plans
- Regulatory requirements
- Carry out decontamination process for workers and equipment in accordance with regulatory requirements and codes of practice
- Clear work area & dispose, reuse or recycle materials in accordance with regulatory requirements and codes of practice
- Supervision of staff
Students must have completed the following courses before enrolling in this unit of competency;
- CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCDE3014A – Remove non-friable asbestos and/or CPCCDE3015A – Remove friable asbestos.
Delivery & Assesment
Training and assessment is conducted on site and is structured on a flexible basis to meet the needs of the organisation and students and includes classroom theory and practical training. Assessment is competency based and will include a mixture of classroom based exercises, practical demonstration of skills and a theory test
Do you already have many of the skills that are being taught in this course? Transform Training recognises existing skills and prior learning through our Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) Program, because there is no need to learn what you already know. Talk to our staff about RPL today.
Successful assessment outcomes from this training will result in a Statement of Attainment; that may be used for recognition in a relevant qualification. This unit is required for all supervisors of the ACM removal process.
Materials & Equipment
Students will be provided with all written and physical materials required to complete the assessment. Students must wear long trousers, a long sleave top and steel-capped boots.
WANT MORE INFO?
Students should also refer to the Student Information Booklet and Fee Schedules for detailed information on Transform Training’s policies and procedures including:
- Work, health and safety
- Fees and charges
- Grievances and disputes